Gust and Koei Tecmo have announced that Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key has been updated on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
Various issues have been fixed, alongside some English translations.
You can view the full quoted patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue in the PlayStation 4 version where it was sometimes impossible to exit the loading screen during the event following the final battle in the main story.
- Fixed an issue in the DLC expansion “Rosca Island” where the target monsters in the “Dian’s Fighting Spirit” quest did not appear in some cases.
- Fixed an issue in the DLC expansion “Rosca Island” where it was sometimes impossible to complete the “Collecting Texts 3” quest even after reading all of the texts.
- Fixed an issue that caused the item’s quality to drop through Item Rebuilding or Duplication under certain circumstances after applying the DLC expansion “Rosca Island” and learning the Max Efficiency skill.
- Fixed some English translations.
Lead writer Yashichiro Takahashi returned to write this third entry. Taking place a year after Ryza 2, the titular protagonist and her friends discover newly appearing islands near their home of Kurken Island. The party decides to investigate these mysterious happenings but ends up finding a gate within some ruins, with a voice wanting to lead Ryza to the Code of the Universe.
Four regions are explorable in an open field, all boasting seamless transitions. Keys will also be found and created; they all have unique effects for synthesis, battle, and exploration. Moreover, a total of 11 party members are available, featuring returning and new characters.
- View our review of the game.
- In case you missed it, check out our interview with the Ryza trilogy’s character designer and the protagonist’s voice actress.
- We also interviewed the Head of Gust, Junzo Hosoi, about this conclusion to the Ryza trilogy and what fans can expect from the franchise’s future.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key is now available worldwide on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.